Curl Them Lashes

Hi lovelies!! I never thought I would splash out on expensive eyelash curlers. For many years, I've purchased many types of affordable eyelash curlers but never really happy with the results. My eyes sit quite flat on my face with no prominent crease or socket. I also have two (slightly) different eye shapes with monolids. I have read a few blogs mentioning Asian branded eyelash curlers and I though perhaps they might be better suited to my eye shape. 


So I purchased the Shiseido eyelash curler from Myer for $26 (earlier this year) and then my last Melbourne trip, I bought the Shu Uemura eyelash curler from David Jones for $29. The photo below shows some structural comparisons of the two eyelash curlers. The dark grey one on the right is the Shiseido one and the other is the Shu Uemura one. Both curlers are the typical pinch type holder where you put your thumb and finger through the little holders. The Shiseido curler opens up further than the Shu Uemura one. I found the Shu Uemura curler is a little bit longer in curler section but a bit curvier than the the Shiseido curler.
A demonstration of both eyelash curlers in action!!

My lashes on my right eye (left on the pictures) curls normally with any eye curler is used as that eyelid doesn't come down on the lash line. From the pictures above, both curlers worked a treat on this eye and using a waterproof mascara (Maybelline Lash Sensational) over the top makes them look lovely. But I have so much trouble curling the lashes on my left eye as the lid is a little heavier and pushes the lashes down when the eye is open. I have to be careful to make sure both eyes look similar and not having one showing a lot of lash and the other with a little peeking through.

Both eyelash curlers sit nicely on my eyes but I prefer the Shu Uemura one as it sits a little more flat. Both also miss a few very other edge upper lashes so I need to go in with a tiny curler to get them curled. I found the Shu Uemura curler had a bit more pressure during the curling stage and this helped with my left eye. It's a very tight comparison but just my own opinion, I do like the Shu Uemura more for myself. I'm not sure if you can get replacement pads for either curler (tried to search online, I can see some on eBay for the Shiseido one) so these curlers are an investment.

Have you tried any of these eyelash curlers? Did you like them?


Comments

Popular Posts