EotD | Knock on Wood
What a crazy week it has been!! Not only it is because Christmas is only around the corner but there has been some exciting news that popped up during the week. I'm going to be a cheeky and talk about it next year, when hubby and I get our heads around the news... *btw, there's no baby (unless it's of the cat variety!)* =P Anyways, finally getting a post up now for you! I haven't done an eyeshadow review in a while so here a product from Wet n' Wild.
I remember a few years ago Wet n' Wild was all the craze on YouTube so I bought a couple of the Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios to try out. This particular one is called Knock On Wood. These trios are great for those who are starting out with eyeshadows as the shades in the trios complement each other and each shade has the words to where to use it imprinted on it. There's also a little guide on the back of the packaging on eyeshadow placement. The product also comes with a small brush (throw that one out) and a small sponge tip applicator (ok if you're desperate!)
Knock On Wood is a pretty tame trio in terms of shades. The brow bone shade is a light baby pink with a tiny amount of glitter. The intensity of it is just ok, perhaps due to my skin tone it doesn't show up too much (even on top of a primer) and there's not too much fall out. Personally, I wouldn't use this shade as a brow bone highlight as it's too pink for me but I did use it over my mobile lid. The crease shade is a nice matte medium-deep brown and works well to deepen the crease or outer corners (which is what I did). Finally, the eyelid shade is a satin burgundy and looks lovely lightly dusted across the lid or how I used it, a bit deeper in the crease.
I think these types of eyeshadows from Wet n' Wild will be great for those starting with makeup as it's quite affordable. This particular palette has easy to use shades and can be used for an everyday makeup look that is different to the browns. I do find Wet n' Wild products a bit different to get in Australia. I bought this one on Crush Cosmetics website but it's not there anymore. BeautyJoint is a US website where you can also find this brand.
Have you tried any Wet n' Wild products?
Swatches: Brow bone | Crease | Eyelid
I think these types of eyeshadows from Wet n' Wild will be great for those starting with makeup as it's quite affordable. This particular palette has easy to use shades and can be used for an everyday makeup look that is different to the browns. I do find Wet n' Wild products a bit different to get in Australia. I bought this one on Crush Cosmetics website but it's not there anymore. BeautyJoint is a US website where you can also find this brand.
Have you tried any Wet n' Wild products?






Comments
Post a Comment