Tried a Bit of Aerial Hoop
I was told by a wise aerial teacher - to try everything out before making up my mind on what I liked best. Pretty good tip which I now tell those trying aerial for the first time.
Of course, I tell them trapeze is the best ;)
At the time, I've only tried silks, trapeze and a tiny bit of rope (plus straps). So when the opportunity to try a course in hoop, I jumped on board to give it a go!
I'm doing a four lesson course this month with one of our awesome hoop teachers, Clare. It is so different to the trapeze and it took a little while to get use to the feel and spin of it. It's really fun to learn new skills. It gets the body out of what it is comfortable with!
Here a little snippet of a sequence we were taught in class.
There's two more lessons to go. I'm hoping to get what I was taught filmed next time I'm at training. I'm very excited to also attend a master hoop class in a couple of weeks time. Crazy stuff!
My social sites
Clare Watkinson
Cambridge Community Circus



Comments
Post a Comment