Circus Goes 80s!

Finally uploaded my next video on my Youtube channel! It's the 80s dance piece I choreographed for Cambridge Community Circus!
The idea started after a few warm up sessions where I had an epic 80s playlist and most people seem to enjoy the blast from the past. Then a few of us went to some 80s theme nights out at the local club and busted some great moves. I asked a few friends if they would be interested in learning some chorey and then I somehow had over 10 people interested!

I mashed up 3 famous dance musical tracks for some variety. We had about 3 weeks for me to create the chorey and then me teaching the group. I held two rehearsals a week where the students could turn up to either or both. We recorded the chorey and uploaded them to a FB page so practise could happen at home. I ended up having 8 in the group including myself. I had such a fun time choreographing this piece and it was a joy to teach my circus friends. I had some help from Abi with the hula hoop section which turned out to be a nice visual break. I am so proud of these guys for putting in the hard yards to get this routine together. We performed it altogether for the first time on show night! 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts