Goin' To The Bin | November 2014
It's that time again to empty my little basket. It feels good to look at all the things I've used up or clearing out to make more space. Here's what I think about these products!
First up, some makeup products.
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Turquoise Diamond
I bought this a couple of years ago for my dance makeup but the blue shade wasn't as pigmented as I liked so it's going out of my collection.
Nyx Doll Eye Mascara in Extreme Black Waterproof
I bought this a couple of year's ago in Melbourne at a little store that sold Nyx way before it was stocked at Target. Due to its age, it has to go. I remember the formula couldn't hold a curl so I wasn't a fan. I really like the natural bristle brush with an hourglass shape though.
Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black
My first gel eyeliner. I really liked the formulation and it stayed without smudging on my lids. Unfortunately, it has dried out as I bought it when it was first realised, who knows how long ago that was. I used this with an angled liner brush.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer
I think this was the first ever primer I purchased, many years ago! I tried to quickly use up the last bit of it. It was very, very silicone-y so it really smooths the skin but I felt like it made my skin oily quicker than usual.
Nude By Nature Mineral Eye Primer
I got this a freebie when I worked in Priceline. It has watery-gel texture and I found that it didn't do a good job at keeping eyeshadow on or making eyeshadow more vibrant.
Natio Pure Mineral Eye Primer
Same feelings as the Nude by Nature primer.
Colgate Optic White Toothpaste
Not a bad toothpaste although I couldn't really tell if my teeth were lightened. Perhaps I consumed too much tea and other staining things.
Olay Complete Lotion Combination/Oily
I love this for a daily moisturiser. Such a light lotion and left my skin feeling soft. This was my second or third bottle.
Puretopia Purifying Fresh Face Cleansing Gel
I was three quarters of the way through this before I realised I bought the tester!!! This gel cleanser was alright. Nothing special but did the job.
Bioelixia Body Shaper Firming Toning Body Lotion
This smells funny. It was a little sample so I can't comment on the firming and toning claims. I used this on my legs.
Palmolive Naturals Hydrating Shower Gel
I'm not someone who cares particularly about body wash. As long as it's cheap and I get a lot of it then it's good for me!
Napoleon Perdis Marshmellow Foam Makeup Remover
I love this stuff for removing my makeup every night. I love the novelty of the foam and it smells A-Mazing! I use a couple of pumps for each side of my face. It lasted a good while. I do use a separate remover for my eye makeup. I have another bottle already.
Napoleon Perdis Brush Cleaner
I use this to spot clean my brushes after every makeup application in the mornings. It dries quickly and cleans very well. I have repurchased this.
TREsemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
I had the old black bottle previously which I couldn't use up as it left my hair really tacky. This one is much better. The spray comes out fine and there's no residue left on the hair. I did find it protecting enough for heat styling, especially with the GHD. Unfortunately, the trigger broke and I had to transfer the small remainder to a generic bottle.
KMS California Moist Repair Leave-In Conditioner
I remember buying my first bottle back in 2004 or thereabouts. It was good then when my hair wasn't so harshly coloured but it wasn't moisturising enough now. It smells nice though. It's a dual phase product which you had to shake before spritzing.
Pure Oil Of Marrakesh Oil Treatment
I won this in a giveaway pack from More Than Adored this year. It's a thicker oil so a little does go a long way. It was a nice oil for my hair. I ended up using it as a pre-treatment before washing my hair so I used more than normal.
Finally, I use the Swisspers round pads for removing makeup. I find they hold up much better than the more affordable brands so I'll keep using these. To remove makeup from my hands or swatches from my arms I used Dora the Explorer Baby Wipes.
I can chuck these out for reals now! Happy dance!
xxx Kat



Hi Kat! Found you from Tine's blog. Maybelline was my first gel liner too! And it was so good while it lasted right. Mine has dried out too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! I wouldn't mind repurchasing it again as I was pretty happy with its performance.
Delete