Summer Lovin' | Favourites
Goodbye January!! Now that I've started work again, I hope I can continue posting regularly. Little Tesla is in his 3rd week of recovery on his pelvis. The vet said I need to keep him confined during the last three weeks of healing. Seeing him in the cage makes me sad but hopefully it'll do him good in the long run. The lights on my car decided to give out last week so I spent a couple of days taking the train to work. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to walk to the station at quarter to 6 in the morning! I'm glad my car is functional again! Now let's see what I've been loving lately!
As mentioned previously, my nails are back to full strength (hopefully) so I'm enjoying painting my nails again. Essie Good to Go top coat has served me well over the past year with great drying time and added shine to the nails. It's on its final legs and it's a bit a lot gloopy but it still does the job and I've bought a new one already. After reading Sarah's review on the Covergirl XL Nail Gel polishes, I picked up four over a couple of trips to Priceline. The colour range is bright and may not be to everyone's tastes. I have a review coming up on these but in short, I love the formula, staying power and application.
I picked up Napoleon Perdis Mattetastic lipsticks last Christmas and the shade Ava has lived in my handbag ever since! Even though it's a matte formula, it isn't drying and uncomfortable, quite the opposite actually. Ava is a great natural nude on my lips with a hint peach. Continuing with the nude theme, I've been using NYX blush in Angel almost all month. It is a light peachy-pink with just a hint of a sheen and not very pigmented. It gives an almost there colour on my cheeks which is nice when I'm wearing darker eyeshadows.
Just going out of picture order here. I finally bought the Beauty Blender after hearing about it for years it seems and I used it with Illamasqua Skin Base (SB 08) and it was a dream! Both these products work so well together and I got a truly skin-like finish with the foundation. I hadn't used Skin Base much since buying it last April as I couldn't get the finish I was after but recently it has been my go-to foundation for work. The Sanctuary Spa Illuminating Moisture Lotion (mini size) has changed my opinion on brightening moisturisers. This has a light consistency and gave my face a subtle glow. If I didn't have some more moisturisers to use up, I would have bought the full size during the Priceline sale.
On the home stretch now! My previous post was on this gorgeous palette, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette. Even though I still love my three Urban Decay Naked palettes, this is become my most reached for this summer. The shimmery shades are amazing for subtle day look and the deeper shades with the purple make a different smokey eye. I bought some more flats for work and this pair is from Payless Shoes and they were only $19! These are beige and black bendy flats with a gold detail and they are very comfortable. The flats I bought from Target in my post-Christmas haul, hurt the widest part of a foot now so I wear them not as much which is a shame. Damn my wide feet!
Thanks for sticking through this favourites post! Let me know what you have been loving in January or this season!




Wide feet shoes! Sign me up! Love that palette - it's seriously amazing.
ReplyDeleteI love posts like these because it always makes me want to go out and try new products :) haha.
ReplyDeleteThat palette looks beautiful! I recently tried the beauty blender as well, and I am so in love! It just gives such a beautiful, flawless finish.
Love your blog, btw <3
I love my Illamasqua Skin Base, have almost finished the tube! You've made me want to pull out that Too Faced palette, one of their best yet I think
ReplyDeleteI knew you would love the palette! Urgh, my feet! Short yet wide!
ReplyDeleteThank you =) I love reading favourites post too! I do recommend both products even after taking so long to buy them since their release.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that I can get the results from Skin Base like when I got my makeup done at Illamasqua. Such a nice product!
ReplyDeleteThose are some nice stuff you got there! Affordable as well, loved this post! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a good day :)
http://summeristic.blogspot.com | Personal Blog based in Seoul