Palmer's Cocoa Butter CC Cream


Thanks to the blog that had a post on current freebies! I can't remember who it was Just figured it out! Thanks to Tried and Tested blog for the tips and tricks to getting samples! I signed up to receive some samples from Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula through their Facebook page last month and totally forgot about it until I got a little envelope in my mail box last week! Love the feeling of getting mail that is not a bill!

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula is famous for their yummy smelling cocoa butter lotion. I've used a few of their body products before but none of their skincare line. I received samples of the new Colour Correcting CC Cream in light and medium. Urgh! Firstly, sachets are so annoying! This product has an SPF 15 and has many claims. It said to conceal imperfections, used as a primer, colour corrects skin tone, reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores, brightens complexion, targets dark spots, prevents skin discolouration, restores skin luminosity (isn't that the same as brightens?) and moisturises the skin. Maybe I should be put those in point from...

I decided to try the medium shade as that's what I am in most of these types of products. The product has a light cocoa butter fragrance, distinctive of the brand but not as strong as the body lotions. The CC cream has a light texture and I found that I had to apply two layers of it to notice some difference in my skin. Th directions also says to do that for extra coverage. 

I was having some bad skin days in last couple of weeks as I got very lazy in the night time skincare department. Tsk tsk bad me! I have a little redness in the centre of my face and some blemishes around my chin and mouth. This is my first experience with 'CC creams' but the coverage is lighter than my Lioele Beyond Solution BB cream (Korean). The light coverage and super blendable formula is like a slight better version of a tinted moisturiser, although it has been a long time since I've used one of those!

I wore this CC cream every day for work last week and I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome because I love my foundations. I love how I can use my fingers to blend it into my skin and really rub it in, something I don't do with foundations as it wrecks the finish. I'm also happy that the CC cream isn't too orange like some other medium BB creams - I'm looking at you Garneir! With two layers of product, my skin looked very glowy and had even skin tone so no redness appeared. I don't really like too much glow on my skin so I went ahead with Nars Creamy Concealer on my spots and under eye area and Maybelline Matte Maker powder all over. As you can see, there is a bit more coverage and my skin is matte without looking heavy.
The thing at impressed me the most is how the product looked on my face over the course of the day. I get an extremely oily centre of my face and everywhere else is pretty normal to slightly oily. After 5 or so hours, I found that my nose was shiny but nowhere near as shiny as it would get with foundations. The rest of my powder products stayed on pretty nicely as well. Over the week of use, I found it very easy to apply, it lasted pretty well and developed a nice glow as the day progressed. And it didn't break me out which is also a plus! I may consider purchasing a full size of this but I'm trying to be good at not buying too many products!! The Cocoa Butter CC Cream retails for $12.99 for 30ml and can be purchased from Priceline and many other pharmacies. 

Have you tried any CC creams before?


Comments

  1. I got these samples as well but haven't tried them yet. They sound really great, the colour looks pretty good too! Will definitely give it a go :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really really tempted to by a full size on now as I'm not liking the Rimmel BB cream I got in the Girlfriend Parcel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts