The Honeymoon Series | Scotland
Sorry for being MIA lately! It's been crazy at work these last couple of weeks and I spent my weekends at dancing so not a lot of time for blogging. I have been reading your posts though! Here's the next instalment of my honeymoon series. Scotland! We explored Scotland in two days and a night. I definitely want to spend more time there in the future!
We took the overnight ferry from Kirkwall, Orkney to Aberdeen (mainland Scotland) and got a taxi to the airport where we hired a car. Thank goodness we opted to get a SatNav, it made travelling so much easier and less stressful. There is so much greenery everywhere and we even saw some snow on top of the mountains! The first stop we went to was Inverness where we walked around Inverness Castle. We also stocked up on some travel snacks. We drove along Loch Ness. It was so scenic and beautiful. We stayed overnight at Barony Castle (Mercure Hotel) at Peebles before heading off to St Andrews. Wow! What a beautiful place! This was a must see due to hubby's love for golf. We walked across St Andrew's Golf Course and drove through the historic town, passing the Cathedral. I wouldn't mind living there! The nest stop was Edinburgh. We wanted to walk around the city but it was so busy that we couldn't find a park =( So we just viewed the place in our car. I cannot get over the old buildings with such character! We drove along the eastern coast of Scotland before entering England!
Have you been to Scotland before? Where are some of your favourite places there?









Ah, such lovely photos! I really want to visit Scotland one day. The scenery and age of the buildings are so beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteScotland looks like such a peaceful place Kat! Nice pictures!
ReplyDeleteHow gorgeous! I would love to go one day!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely need to revisit Scotland again!
ReplyDeleteThank you. It was so amazing! I wish we had more than 2 days there ahaha
ReplyDelete