Out From Under a Rock
Hey there beauties!! I'm pretty sure it's been a month since I last posted! Life just exhausted me and left my blog on the back burner. I'm itching to get back into it! Bring on the school holidays!
So basically, I took up some before and after school dance rehearsals to create dances for my school's performing arts showcase. I had just under 3 weeks and 30 students to cater for. I ended up being at school at 7am and finishing between 5-6pm. I also filmed myself teaching the choreography over the weekend and uploading to YouTube so the students could practise at home. Such dedication! Luckily, I didn't have to choreograph all the dances, the students also worked together to create pieces themselves. I'm so proud of them!
The theme for the showcase was Disney and these were the songs they performed to:
- He Lives in You (The Lion King II)
- Reflection (Mulan)
- Calling All the Monsters (ANT Farm)
- Everybody Wants to be a Cat (Aristocats)
- Part of your World (The Little Mermaid)
- I Wanna Be Like You (The Jungle Book)
- We're All in this Together (High School Musical)
That was only a week ago! The next night, I performed at a sports award dinner so I had another late night. I slept almost all of Saturday haha. Here are some photos of myself from the week (since I can't include photos with the students).
Applying false lashes on a student
Fierce!
Playing Miss Flanagan from Annie. Drama is not my thing!
Can you tell who I'm dressed as? I was mistaken for one of the students!
Last week was also my birthday! I went out for dinner mid-week, had lunch with Miss L, watched stand up comedy on the weekend (and nodding off!) and had dinner at the in-laws! What a month!! I hope to get some posts up soon!
Friday night performance
Did you miss me?






Comments
Post a Comment