That Glow from Within

Hi there lovelies!! Some of you might be feeling the chill in Aus from this 'Antarctic vortex' that's coming through. I want to go to the city today but I think the wild weather might postpone the trip! I hope everyone is staying rugged up today and for the rest of this week! Lately, I've been getting comments in my FotD posts that my skin looks very illuminated and glowy. I have a feeling that it's due to my new primer from Mecca Cosmetica.


Last holidays, I went to Mecca to have a look and test out their products. One of the products I took home was the Mecca Cosmetica Lit From Within Illuminating Primer and I've been using this almost every time I do my makeup.

The company describes this product as a primer that brightens and revives fatigued skin whilst perfectly priming and prepping the complexion for a flawless foundation application. With ultra-fine light diffusing particles and antioxidant protection, this instant skin beautifier glides on smoothly for visible radiance and sleep-defying luminosity. Our all-time favourite beauty booster, this must-have product leaves you prepped, primed and ready to glow. It sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

The primer has a slight tint to it with no visible shimmer and once rubbed into the skin, the colour doesn't show up. I use about a pea size (or two) amount of the product to cover my face. It sinks in fairly quickly and doesn't leave a residue, just soft skin. It's not a silicone based primer so you won't feel that smooth base. The glow on the skin isn't like a disco ball, just subtle enough to look like the skin is a bit more lively and luminous. 
You can't really tell that I have the primer on but I was so late for work that I forgot to take an after photo!
As a primer, I noticed that my face makeup stayed put during the day and only had some separation around my nose and chin where I tend to get more oily. Since this doesn't claim to have oil controlling properties that's fine with me, however I now use a different primer for those areas. The primer doesn't interfere with foundation application as it absorbs into the skin like a moisturiser. I have also, read some reviews where it has caused some foundations to ball up but it hasn't happened to me yet. For the illuminating aspects of this primer, I do find it gives an extra glow underneath the foundations I've been using (e.g. Illamasqua Skin Base, Napoleon Stroke of Genius, Estee Lauder Double Wear) without looking shiny. I think as the foundation wears throughout the day, the glow gets better and not having the 'oily look' (besides my nose!). You can check out some makeup looks that I used this primer in here and here.

Mecca Cosmetica Lit From Within Illuminating Primer comes in a 45ml pump bottle and is available from Mecca Cosmetica, Mecca Maxima and online for $38.

Have you tried any products from the Mecca Cosmetica range?


Comments

Popular Posts