Destination Bin | October 2014
Hi lovelies!! I see the Christmas decorations are out in shopping centres now, that means it's November! I feel like I haven't done much this year but looking back... I've done heaps! Anyways, I don't normally do 'empties' posts each month but I wanted to get rid of the products I have in my basket, so let's get on to it!
The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner
This was part of the travel set of four products. This is a lovely cooling toner that refreshes the skin after cleansing. It is non-drying as it's alcohol free. I didn't find my skin getting too oily during the day when using this toner in the morning.
Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner
This lasted so long even though I would use it morning and night after cleansing. It actually feels hydrating on the skin. I love that it is a spray bottle so I got to save on those cotton rounds. I would love to buy it again after I finish the Jurlique one as it's so affordable!
People For Plants Eye Cream
A lovely moisturising cream but the scent offends me. Maybe I got a dud product but it smells really off. I think I only used about a third of it. I hate to waste product but I cannot stand it! Have you tried this and had the same issue?
Garnier Clean Detox Gentle Brightening Foam
Another product I couldn't finish. This did not work as a makeup remover and cleanser. It also left the skin feeling 'squeaky' seriously. My skin was so dry and tight after using it that I had to slather every moisturising product I had on my face after (maybe not that extreme). I would not recommend this.
Estee Lauder Day Wear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme
I got this in a GWP. I like how I can try out samples first before buying a full size. I really enjoyed this day cream. I normally use Olay lotion and this was a little bit thicker but absorbed very nicely into the skin. It smells amazing, a little like cucumber. I would buy the full size if I could afford it.
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser with Clary Sage
An okay cleanser. It's creamy but not that great for me.
M.A.C Cleanse Off Oil
My first MAC product and first oil makeup remover. I really didn't want to finish it haha. It does the job at removing all makeup including waterproof eye products. I get it all in my eyes and it doesn't sting my eyes. I like trying new makeup removers but I definitely recommend this!
Estee Lauder Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex
This sample last lasted foooorrreeeevvverrrrrr. A nice luxurious eye cream although I'm not sure if it did anything great.
Sukin Purely Ageless Botanical Hydration Booster
An amazing facial oil. It contains jojoba oil, argon oil and almond oil. This soaks into the skin very easily providing you only use a couple of drops. I felt my skin feel more hydrated and soft particularly leading up to the winter time when I used it.
Tresemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray
I bought this many years ago. It left my hair sticky and heavy even after I use the hair dryer and straightener. I bought a newer one in the flatter bottle and it performs much better.
Dove Clear Touch Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
I prefer roll-on deodorants than spray ones as I don't like the choking feeling I get. But sometimes I don't like to wait for it to dry so back to spray on at the moment. This is was alright, smells nice and didn't leave any marks on clothes.
Coles Nail Polish Remover Non-Acetone
I buy any cheaper nail polish remover. This did the job for me.
Rimmel 60 Seconds in Coralicious
Love the colour but the formula went dry. I also have a post coming up with my nail polish clean out.
Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat
I used this mainly as a base coat. It got really gloopy about halfway down and difficult to work with. As a top coat, it didn't leave a super shiny finish unlike the Insta-Dri. I've purchased something else.
Fudge Paint Box in Purple Haze
This was purchased a couple of years ago. This doesn't cling to my hair and washes/transfers too easily. I think it would work better on blonde or fine hair.
The Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream was too light and ashy on my skin and it was hard to blend out. On the other hand, I loved the L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation. A smooth semi-dewy finish and a medium coverage. If I didn't have so many foundations, I would buy this!
Are you trying to finish products before buying new ones?
xxx Kat



I hate not using ALL of the products up! Shame about the PFP eye cream - I have the same one, and haven't had a chance to give it a go yet, but I'll let you know what I think of it!
ReplyDeleteI know, such a waste! Thanks! I would like to know how yours go.
DeleteGreat favourites! Totally agree about the Garnier cleanser, it left my skin feeling so dry and uncomfortable! I have the PFP eye cream and actually really like it, I haven't noticed it smelling off at all!
ReplyDeleteTasha // shiwashiful.
Looks like I got a dud!
DeleteNice selection! I'd been tempted by the Body Shop Seaweed Toner- glad to hear you liked it! xo
ReplyDelete-Jen
www.vibrantbeautyblog.com
I reckon the Seaweed range can do no wrong haha.
Delete