Valentine's Day FotD feat. Mr Perdis



How was your Valentine's Day? I said yes to working today at my very casual job at the chemist. Times are tough and I need to earn the extra money haha. Since the chemist also stocks Napoleon Perdis (NP) products, I try to put some of it on my face during my morning makeup session. I love and own a lot of the products and this helps during a potential sale, which is also good! Hope you like my Valentine's Day look! It's a little different to what I'm use to!

You may notice some of my photo aren't very clear. I'm not sure what I did to the settings of my camera but it was acting strange this morning and I had no time to fix it. I started with fixing my hair, for once. I usually leave it in a ponytail but today I used a hair donut (Lady Jayne Bun Styl'r) to pin my hair into a big, almost messy bun. I added a cute tangerine coloured hair clip to balance my off-centred bun. I also added some gold and red stone earrings to add to the romantic feel.



Now onto the makeup! After priming everywhere, I made some eyebrows with Face of Australia High Definition Brow Kit, using the left shade all over and a little of the wax in some areas. I'm still figuring out the best way to use it. I went with a matte eye (uncommon as I love shimmer) with NP The Ultimate Nude Palette, using a mixture of the light shades (left) all over my eyelid up to the brow bone and the bottom right shade in the crease and also a little on the lower lash line. Urban Decay Naked Basics palette would also work here. A nice, crisp eyeliner was created with NP China Doll Gel Eyeliner (Forbidden City) and a thin angled brush.


Let's just stop here and appreciate my great efforts in pulling off this eyeliner work. Haha! I can't believe how even and pointy the wings are. I'm never taking this off! XD



Back to reality! Then I curled my lashes and used Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes mascara (wp) on the top and NP Magnif-Eyes mascara (black) on the bottom lashes. I find the NP one doesn't hold my curl any more but it's nice to have on when I'm not curling my lashes.

For my base, I applied NP Stroke of Genius foundation (Look 2) with a Beauty Blender and concealed under my eyes and other areas with NP Pro Palette Concealer. I then set everything with Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying powder (Natural Beige). Since hitting pan on my NP Ultimate Contour Palette (contour shade), I've stopped using it so I don't run out of it (haha, I'm so lame) so I switched to the NP Greatest Hits Cheek Palette (that I bought after Christmas) and used the bottom right shade to contour, a mixture of the blush and highlight shades to add colour and glow to my cheeks. This palette comes a very close second to the UCP. 

And lastly, I didn't want to go with a red lip as I've done that recently (Xmas look) so I went with my other favourite lippie shade, NP DeVine Goddess lipstick (Calypso) and added Rimmel Vinyl Gloss (No Regrets) for more shine.

And my final look turned out to be a little 50s inspired haha.


I just came home from work in this photo, hence the tired looking face.


***


So as I'm typing this post up, my hubby is on his laptop and watching the cricket World Cup. We are so romantic haha! I don't even know what we are doing for dinner yet. I can't be bothered to do anything now. I just want to sit and cuddle my kitties.

How did you spend today (Valentine's Day)?



Comments

  1. This is such a gorgeous look! Your skin looks so glowy and flawless and that lip colour is super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could cut someone with the points of those wings! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks hun! The lippy is definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts