Napoleon Perdis Try Ons

I love working at my chemist on public holidays. Good pay. Get to play with makeup. Get to take home testers to try and bring them back *extreme smiley face*. Napoleon Perdis is branching more into skincare and there's a couple of new products released that I wanted to try. I also took home some makeup products to try. Here's what I thought of them.


**New In** Cleanser Barre
Cleansing is the most important first step in your skin care prep. These luxe cleansers boast natural ingredients to soothe, moisturise, and pamper tired skin - all while sweeping away makeup.
Balm Voyage Moisture Complex Cleanser and Makeup Remover (rrp $59) "Your passport to clean skin"
This is the first makeup remover in a balm form that I've tried from any brand. It has a thick balm consistency (of course) but once rubbed between the hands, it melts and becomes little more fluid with a bit of grit (not the best description...). It feels really nice and soothing when rubbed on the face and I could see the makeup dissolving away. I used a muslin cloth to wipe off the balm (Napoleon Perdis also sells their own) and continue with separate cleanser. The balm texture is particularly good for flakey/dry skin as it'll moisturise as well as helping remove some of the flakes. This product can also be used for a deep cleanse by using it as a mask or using a brush to massage into the skin. I always use a separate eye makeup remover so I'm not sure how well it works on the eye area. It has lots of nice ingredients including shea butter, vitamin C and jojoba oil to help keep the skin happy.

Rebirth of Venus Skin Renewal Cleansing Oil (rrp $39) "Awash with nutrients to reawaken your youthful glow"
Such a cool name for this product! I am already a fan of oil cleansers to remove makeup so I was keen to try this. The product has a typical oil consistency and it's probably slightly thinner than some I've tried before. I used this on dry skin and massaged over my face to dissolve my makeup. Then I added a bit of water to my face and wiped everything off with a muslin cloth. It worked well to remove my makeup and left my skin feeling soft. Apparently, this can also be used as mask. 


**Makeup Goodies**
Auto Pilo Pre-Foundation Skin Primer ($59) "Not to prime is a crime!"
One of Napoleon Perdis' popular products. This primer has a lotion type consistency instead of a silicone base. It felt really nourishing on the skin and once applied, it felt like I didn't have anything on my skin. It contains soothing ingredients such as chamomile and vitamin E. I felt it did help make the foundation application easier and also with the longevity of foundation. It didn't help control the oil production in my T-zone (and it didn't claim to have oil controlling properties). This is a nice primer, not a must have for me though.

Advanced Mineral Makeup (rrp $69) "Rock on!" 
I have tried almost all of the foundations from NP. And I pretty much enjoy them all. This foundation is light weight as well as having a natural light-medium coverage. This is a popular choice for the instore MUA for clients who don't usually wear a lot of makeup and want to look like a fresher version of themselves. The mineral component shouldn't irritate the skin and the formula helps with hydrate whilst leaving a semi-matte finish. If I didn't have a million foundations already, I would get this one. I applied this foundation with a paddle foundation brush in a pressing motion to achieve a natural finish. The longer I wore this foundation, the more I liked the finish due to my oils peeking through however, my nose area was still a problem getting too shiny (but that's me everyday!).

Browtox Pack (rrp $39) "Frame and tame!"
Having read so many reviews and purchases of the famous Anastasia BH Dip Brow Pomade and me not wanting to splash out the cash for a brow gel and choosing the right shade, I wanted to try the newest brow product from NP. The Browtox Pack includes a universal brow gel and a double ended brush and spooly applicator. The brow gel can also be used as a neutral eye liner. I'm not sure if the tester I picked was a bit funky as the gel was a little hard in the pot. It still applied nicely on the brows. I used an angled brush to do this and it did blend and tame my brows. The only gripe I have with this is the shade. It did not suit my black brow hairs as it had a warm reddish tone. The website did say to blend with NP China Doll Gel Liner in Tao to match the brows. I think that's really silly to have to buy two separate products to do this when they both almost $40. I'm quite happy with my $10 brow kit haha. I'm sure people with a lighter tone brow hair to me will suit this product.
Browtox | Auto Pilot Primer | Advance Mineral Makeup (Look 2)
I noticed my uneven brows while I was editing my photos - yikes!!
**Some other new products**     Nude U Palette and Light Switch Luminizer Palette 

Have you tried anything from Napoleon Perdis?


Comments

  1. I like the look of that foundation on you - and the finished product is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foundation sounds lovely! I've had the primer in my collection for the longest time. I really wasn't a fan of it, I thought it did nothing for me! Recently though, my friend told me it was her HG and her skin always looks amazing so I tried it out again and was quite surprised! Not sure that it makes the hugest difference but it's a nice base and makes makeup go on smoothly!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I really liked this foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever our MUA uses the primer on her clients, their skin looks great but when I use it, I'm like... well it's alright. I need an oil controlling primer for my T-zone but a regular primer is ok for the rest of my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That primer is actually the same as the Face of Australia one, just repackaged - much more affordable! That cleansing balm sounds awesome though, want to give that one a go for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read that somewhere!! I wonder how they manage to do that? The cleansing balm does feel very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts