Binned Things || Autumn 2015
It will feel so good throwing out the empties I have accumulated for a few months! I'm still trying to be good at not buying more than I need haha so I can use up what I have already. Sometimes, it's really hard to resist - buy buy BUY!! Put the wallet away Kat...
I always have a packet or two of Simple Cleansing Facial wipes in my drawers for those nights I'm too lazy to properly wash my face. Yes, it happens to me. I find them very gentle and refreshening. I would use a makeup remover in the wipe for waterproof makeup though. The other wipes shown are form the dollar store and I use them to cleanse my hands of makeup. The Models Prefer Refillable Pump was really convenient until the spring went weird and the pump stopped working. I'm happy to dispense my nail polish the old fashion way from now on. I only use bi-phase eye makeup remover on waterproof mascara and the Maybelline Make Up Remover worked well without stinging my eyes. I think I'm on to my third bottle of Napoleon Perdis Brush Cleaner and I regularly use it spot clean some of my brushes every day. I'm so sad that I finished a bottle of Daiso Cleanser for Puff & Sponge. It was great at cleaning most brushes. Some of the more stained brushes had a double cleanse either with the cleanser or hand wash/baby wash. The Priceline Round Cotton Pads were alright. They broke up very quickly as they don't have a stitch around the outside of the pad. I have gone back to the Swisspers ones.
It was nice using a luxurious hand wash for a couple of months haha. I received the Molton Brown Lime & Patchouli hand wash for Christmas and smelt quite fresh. I'm just a cheapie hand wash gal, so I won't be buying any of these for myself. Omg! I need another one of Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner! It smells delicious and so moisturising. Another favourite from Lush is The Olive Branch shower gel which I'm sad to see finished. I also received Natio Spa Pep-Up Body Cleanser for Christmas. I originally thought it was a scrub but it's just a normal wash. It has a refreshing citrus scent.
A disappointing product from a brand that I love is Sanctuary Spa Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. I'm not a huge fan of cream cleansers but I felt that this didn't really do much for my skin, even with the use of a muslin cloth. Another cream cleanser that I finished up was the Lapurete Okuru Cleanser & Toner and I also felt meh about it. However, the Gentle Exfoliating Face Scrub from Puretopia was lovely. It had a gel like consistency with a medium level of light grit. Gentle enough for me to use every other day. I would buy this again when the occasion calls for it.
Some pricey items in this photo! I loved using Jurlique Herbal Recovery Mist & Advanced Eye Repair but I didn't really notice that much difference to my skin compared to using more affordable brands. Glad I got to use them though. I bought O Cosmedics Potent Clearing Serum from a trip to the day spa last year. It tingled the skin when applied due to the salicylic acid and lactic acid. It did help keep my skin clear but it was quite $$$! The Live Clear Sooting Daily Moisturiser and Kiehl's Powerful Wrinkle & Pore Reducing Cream from a David Jones Beauty Sampler bag. Both were nice to try but I wouldn't get the full size of them. Lapurete Protective Day Creme was quite mediocre. I was quite glad when it was finished. Napoleon Perdis Complex Skin Renewal Serum was a hydrating, fast absorbing serum. I wouldn't mind getting another!
I had to throw out the old version of Australis Eyebrow Kit as it was getting a bit gross and the wax was hard to work with. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer was also an old product and I've found other concealers with a better formula. Thanks for getting through this long post!!!
Have you tried any of these products?




Comments
Post a Comment