The Handmade Box | October Unboxing
I love supporting small Australian businesses. I think that's why I enjoy going to the local markets, I usually get to see the owners or other staff members selling their lovely creations and wares. In this post, I get to try some samples from a number of businesses across Australia. Keep on reading to see what I got!
I can't remember how I stumbled across The Handmade Box. It probably popped up on my Facebook feed one day and I was very intrigued by it. It is a small Queensland based company that is a monthly box service that supports small hand craft Australian businesses. Wonderful! The awesome thing about this service is that it covers a variety of interests from beauty to accessories and homewares. There is also a number of boxes to choose from which include 'ladies', 'mums + little ladies', 'mums + sons' and 'mums + babes'. Sometimes other boxes pop up for special occasions. These boxes are $21.95 which I think is very reasonable. The boxes are sent near the end of the month for that month and depending on where you live it can take a little while to receive as it is coming from QLD and the lovely lady has to hand post the boxes in batches at the post office (and Aus Post can be slow!). You get a tracking number for your purchase so you know where it is. I bought the October 'ladies' box if you're wondering. =)
All the goodies!!!
Juanderous Carrot & Orange Night Face Cream sample
Juanderous is a luxury skincare brand focusing on natural, organic and vegan products. The Carrot & Orange Night Face Cream contains aloe vera, gotu kola (what is this?), carrot seed and sweet orange essential oils to help hydrate and soften the skin.
I can't wait to try this cream out. Upon initial testing, the cream has a light texture and absorbs into the skin quickly. It has a slight citrus scent once rubbed in.
REED Black Australian Clay Castile Soap
REED is a brand developed by a mum and wife, Nathalie, which offers hand made natural skincare and cleaning products. Castile soap is made from pure extra virgin olive oil and is meant to be gentle enough for people who have psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and also babies and the elderly. I'm assuming it has added charcoal to make it black. Charcoal is good for deep cleaning the pores and getting rid of dirt and excess oils.
I don't really use soap bars but this will be fun to try out. I actually made a big order from REED prior to receiving this box for little Christmas gifts for my work colleagues.
Camirelli Electric Citrus Handmade Soap sample
Developed by Stephanie, who started this business due to suffering from eczema and couldn't find anything to help clear it. She creates natural handmade soaps, poured candles, body scrubs and other body products.
Another natural, handmade soap! I love this citrus scent, it reminds me of Wizz Fizz - remember those from primary school??
SMALT Smoked Salt sample
I haven't seen this before! It smells truly smokey! Am I game enough to try it on some chips??
I don't really use soap bars but this will be fun to try out. I actually made a big order from REED prior to receiving this box for little Christmas gifts for my work colleagues.
Camirelli Electric Citrus Handmade Soap sample
Developed by Stephanie, who started this business due to suffering from eczema and couldn't find anything to help clear it. She creates natural handmade soaps, poured candles, body scrubs and other body products.
Another natural, handmade soap! I love this citrus scent, it reminds me of Wizz Fizz - remember those from primary school??
SMALT Smoked Salt sample
I haven't seen this before! It smells truly smokey! Am I game enough to try it on some chips??
Tila Candle Co Coconut Lime Soy Wax Tea Light
Tila was created by candle lover 'J', mum and wife from Western Australia.
Mmmm this has a lovely tropical feel to it. There are many more scents to chose from on the website.
Mmmm this has a lovely tropical feel to it. There are many more scents to chose from on the website.
Tila Candle Co Pomegranate & Mango Snap Melts
I need to get myself a wax burner to try these!! After browsing through the website, there are many affordable small gift options if you need to buy for many people, such as work and extended family.
Inspicards
This brand designs and creates cards with inspirational quotes or thoughts the size of business cards. The designs on sale are always changing so keep checking their website for updates.
This is a cute idea to add to a gift as a pick me up or even just to leave for someone to make their day!
This is a cute idea to add to a gift as a pick me up or even just to leave for someone to make their day!
BlueBee Hand Sewn Travel Tissue Cover
This business is based in Cairns and makes the cutest handmade clothing and wares such as shorties, nail file covers, tissue covers and wrist wallets.
My tissues have never been cuter!
My tissues have never been cuter!
Daysie Chains Personalised Hand Stamped Family Tree Keyring
A small business from Coonamble in rural NSW that sells hand stamped accessories such as key rings and baby spoons.
I got a little tree charm keyring stamped with my hubby's names and my two current cats, Moose and Tesla. It's going on my car keys =)
I got a little tree charm keyring stamped with my hubby's names and my two current cats, Moose and Tesla. It's going on my car keys =)
Tammaspice Designs Fabric Covered Button Hair Tie
Tammy is based in Perth, Western Australia and is the creator of Tammaspice Designs. Her wares mostly include fabric covered buttons made into hair pieces, magnets and jewellery (coming soon) as well as cards and bookmarks.
I love the embroidered design on my button hair tie!
I love the embroidered design on my button hair tie!
Finally, discount coupons from Get Personal, REED, Tila Candle Co and Tammaspice Designs were included.
You can find out more about the products and brands mentioned in this post by click on the links below!
Juanderous | REED | Camirelli | SMALT | Tila Candle Co | Inspicards | BlueBee | Daysie Chains | Tammaspice Designs
Overall, I'm loving this sample box service and I will definitely buy from them again. I love the variety of samples provides and a lot of the items are a decent size to use (no tiny sachets here!). If you are interested in purchasing a box, head over to The Handmade Box and check out the boxes. Get there quickly as there are some really fun Christmas boxes for sale such as advent, crafts and stocking stuffers (from $31.95)!
You can find out more about the products and brands mentioned in this post by click on the links below!
Juanderous | REED | Camirelli | SMALT | Tila Candle Co | Inspicards | BlueBee | Daysie Chains | Tammaspice Designs



Comments
Post a Comment