NotD | Aussie Day!


Today is Australia Day. The 26th January marks the day when the British First Fleet landed on the east coast of Australia. There are lots of celebrations everywhere however I stayed home and relaxed and slept a bit as I wasn't feeling well. I created another nail design for Australia Day previously but I didn't like how it turned out so I quickly redid them today with something simple and quick!





Treatment || Essie Millionails
Base || Essie First Base
Colour || Revlon ColorStay Bonsai
Glitter || Maybelline Color Show Gold's Night Out
Top || Essie Good To Go

This is a fool proof nail 'design' for me to do. The glitter is getting a bit gloopy now so the tips are a bit chunky and I had to push them down with my finger. I've been using a nail treatment lately to try to prolong the current condition of my nails. After the wedding last year, I had shellac nails left on for about 3 weeks and I think I damaged my nails when I removed the polish. The tips would constantly peel or break so I didn't paint my nails regularly for about 3 months to allow the healthy nail to grow through. I'm so happy to have healthy nails again!!

What's your current nail polish?


Comments

  1. ooh lovely nails! Happy Straya Day! :D

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome nailart :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2015/01/black-and-white.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great and simple nail design - the style (but not the colour) is very similar to what I had for my wedding nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this so much!


    xx danielle // shadesofdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Hope you had a nice Aussie Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love glitter so much! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! Time for some more intricate stuff I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome!! Your nails would have looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I think this is a really straightforward and gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the glitter gradient, you've inspired me to do one too! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work! I've found that using a cotton bud for the gradient makes the tips less chunky :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Aus day! Loving the gradient nails!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you made a perfect gradient!

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! They are very easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tip! I think I've read that on your blog before but I've forgotten it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful.... love the green and the glitter combined :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! Glitter is usually my saviour when I'm stuck for ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts