Cookies From A Jar
I love to bake but sometimes I get it wrong and they don't turn out. So even though I love baking from scratch, the ease of pre-made packets takes the pressure off (and even hubby can bake his own brownies!). I went to our local markets a couple of months ago and found a lovely stall called Everything Mason and they had a rustic take on these pre-made cookie recipes.
Everything Mason is a local small Wollongong business who create pre-weighed quality dry ingredients in genuine Ball mason jars for people to bake cookies and slices at home. The owner is a new second time mum and a qualified pastry chef. As well as baked goods, other types of filled mason jars are available on special occasions such as Christmas dough to make ornaments, Valentine treats and jars with gifts inside them. Instructions are printed on the lids.
I purchased the Valentine Cookies mix and also the Lactation Cookies mix for a friend of mine. I hear the Lactation Cookies mix is very popular with the mums! Here is the journey of me making the Valentine Cookies. The jar contained cookie dough mixture with choc chips and red chocolate buttons.
All the dry ingredients were already provided and measured from the Mason jar so they went into a large bowl. Then I added the wet ingredients of egg, butter and vanilla and everything was mixed together. OMG how easy was that??! I rolled them out into balls and placed them on baking trays and into the oven they went!! I didn't realise how much they were going to spread so I was quite surprised when I took them out of the oven and found them to be gigantic! Haha!! The bigger the better, right?? I just read on their Facebook page that the mixture yields about 30 cookies. Oops! I'll remember that for next time! I can definitely say the cookies were delicious and they didn't last very long between hubby and I. They were slightly chewy in the middle - just the way I like it! I can't wait to try their other flavours!
Everything Mason has jars ranging from $12-$16 and have special deals for multiple buys. They also create custom jars for any occasion. Their stall can be found at a variety of markets in the Illawarra region. Check out their Facebook page for more information!!
Do you like to bake?




This idea is so cute! Very convenient and easy - I'm such a fail at baking haha! They look so yummy, I feel like cookies now!
ReplyDeleteTasha // shiwashiful.
What a great idea :) I get really messy when I make cookies (my cookies always seems to be over sized too *fail). It's so kitsch, perfect as presents
ReplyDeleteWhat a very cute idea, and in such an adorable mason jar!
ReplyDeleteOh my god what an incredible concept!!!!!!! I hope they expand because the idea is SO unique and the end result looks and sounds amazing :)
ReplyDeleteSarah | More Than Adored
I fee like cookies too!!! Mmmmm. I'm all for the convenience!
ReplyDeleteI loved this idea when I saw it (and hence bought one for my mumma friend). My kitchen gets batter and flour everywhere when I bake haha
ReplyDeleteIt is such a lovely idea! I've kept the mason jar. Now to think of what to use it for...
ReplyDeleteI wish great things for the business. I've been loving those pinterest ideas of salad in mason jars. Must try it with my mason jar soon.
ReplyDeleteThey look delicious, what a great idea! And I love that they do lactation cookies too, great gift idea for new mums!
ReplyDeleteThey have an awesome selection of mixes. I can't wait to buy some other ones!
ReplyDelete