Skincare Changes
Over a couple of months, I had to purchase some new skincare items as I kept finishing up things. I usually like to try knew skincare products each time, although there are some items that I know I can rely on. Let's take a look into my new skincare!
Sukin Cream Cleanser
Sukin is one of my trusted brands in terms of knowing their products won't irritate my skin. The cream cleanser is a smaller version that came in a travel set and I am just using it up. I'm not really a fan of cream cleansers in general so this works alright for me. It's very gentle.
Moreish Liberation Foaming Cleanser
I saw this brand before the 40% off skincare at Priceline and of course, unknowingly bought one before the sale started. I only read one blog post about this brand from Lab Muffin at the time. This New Zealand brand has a strange motto of 'we are what we eat. We are therefore what we apply on our skin'. Huh?? Anyways, being a lover of Sukin Foaming Cleanser, I thought I would give this a go as it was quite affordable (AU $14.99). I enjoy the consistency of the gel which foams only a little bit and it doesn't leave my skin dry whilst feeling like it cleansed well. I also love the inclusion of a pump in the packaging.
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Eye Serum
I bought this last year at Sydney Airport. I wanted to splurge before I even hopped on the plane! Heehee. It claims to reduce signs of fatigue, minimise the look of fine lines and dehydration. I can't really tell if it has done anything over the few months I've used this. I have noticed my eye area is more dehydrated. I'm sure I can find a more affordable option once I finish using this.
Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner
This came with me overseas last year and saved me from so many different climates. I bought this after finishing a Jurlique one and honestly, even though the latter felt luxurious, the affordability of Sukin's one wins for me. It adds a boost of hydration and coolness to my skin before moisturising. It is alcohol free and contains chamomile and rosewater.
Sanctuary Spa Deep Cleanse Facial 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask
I suck at using masks. I have a Formula 10.0.6 one for over two years and still haven't finished it. I thought I should buy a new product to try. I've had a couple of successes with Sanctuary Spa (as well as some meh ones) so I wanted to try another product from their range. I use this in the shower when it's hair washing time. After putting my leave-in conditioner in, I slather the mask on and do other things as I wait for everything to do their magic. I enjoy the initial warming sensation of the charcoal mask and I feel it gives my skin an extra cleanse.
I have wanted to try an acid exfoliating type treatment for a while now. I found this at Mecca last year and sounded pretty good. It tingled then stung my skin the first couple of times I used the wipes. The fumes also irritated my eyes and nose so I have to close one eye and hold breath when I wipe each side of my face. I didn't realise there were two types of these pads but I bought the stronger one. I think I would have liked the gentler one. Oh well. I haven't seen anything noticeable yet but I haven't been using this regularly yet. Even though it stings, I feel like it's doing something good for my skin.
Rosehip Moisture Restoring Night Creme
I needed a night cream badly. I wanted something affordable and more on the so-called natural side. This brand is new to me and have only read couple of posts on it so I didn't really know how it was going to perform. The little jar comes with a plastic cover inside the lid. It has a very slight scent and the creme has a light texture. I only use half a fingertip sized amount and it absorbs very well into my skin. It leaves my skin soft and hydrated and I haven't had any reaction to it.
Garnier Moisture Match Mattifying Fresh Cream
I wanted a day cream that was hydrating yet helps control oil production. This claims to do that. It has a funny moussey-gel texture and rubs into the skin nicely. My skin doesn't feel dry anymore but my oil production hasn't really changed. Sometimes my skin gets all ball-y too when I rub it in. Not sure why?!?!
What are some of your new skincare products?
Happy Easter!!





I love that Sanctuary Spa mask! Also, I just bought that Essano night cream as a back up, but don't know when I'll actually be using it, seeing as I recently opened a Boots moisturiser as well.
ReplyDeleteThe Rosehip Night Creme sounds pretty lovely! I've always liked heavy night creams as I have so dry skin but I've started appreciating the hydrating but lightweight ones more. Love the last picture, so cute. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha cute bunny picture :) I can't wait to try some Jurlique products, have heard so many good things about them!
ReplyDeleteBonnie || bonniebeautyxo.com
I think it was your post that introduced me to the mask! Oh cool. I find night creams take a long time to finish up.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried mixing your night cream with a face oil or serum? It might increase the hydrating-ness of it.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely give them a try. And such pretty packaging too!
ReplyDeleteI do that and it's definitely a huge help!
ReplyDeleteI haven't used a lot of new products lately. I've been keeping things pretty basic so it's good to read up on what others are using! =)
ReplyDeletexo,
nancy
http://www.adoretoadorn.com
Wow, nice products :) I never tried any of them, but they sound great!
ReplyDeleteRachelShuchatMakeup
Nice products! The night cream sounds lovely. Ohhh the ball-ed up texture is due to the silicone in the cream - just apply less and don't rub it vigorously, just pat it into the skin :)
ReplyDeleteErin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty
It's great when you find those special products that work well with your skin
ReplyDeleteYes! Some very nice products. I love finding new things to try!
ReplyDeleteOoooooooooooo! Thank you so much for that tip! I am a notorious cream rubber-in-erer. I will remember that tip next time!
ReplyDeleteWow, you're using so much nice products! I want to try those Peter Roth Pads. They sound good!
ReplyDeletewww.thebestbeautyblog.com
=) Yay!
ReplyDelete