You're The Bomb, Baby!

For almost a year, I've had the ends of my hair coloured with 'non-traditional' colours. There was purple, red and a mix of both! Unfortunately, my hair suffered a bit with the bleaching to get most of my natural colour out so I didn't want to go through that process again. Actually, you can have a look at my hair journey here! Last month, I went to my hairdresser to see if I could get blue in my hair this without having to bleach the ends again. After a couple of tests, the blue turned out quite dark so we scrapped that idea and went with a different product. Introducing the colour conditioner!

The id Hair Colour Bomb range is a set of colour conditioners that deposits colour pigments onto the hair whilst conditioning the hair at the same time. Think of the Fudge Paintbox hair colours but better! Those that would benefit from this product are those that have faded colour hair and wants it to freshen up again without going to the salon. The brand claims Colour Bomb is easy to use, conditions, adds shine, rehydrates and has lasting results. Although, if you have dark hair, the colour probably won't show up as it's not a hair dye with bleach. This would work best on light hair and colour treated bleached hair.

There are 11 colours available from the Colour Bomb collection ranging from the natural chestnut and chocolate to the bright and fun red and saffron. I chose Crazy Violet which is a mix of purple and pink. Of course. ;)
Image Credit
Prior to using this product, the ends of my hair was a faded reddy-orange shade. Lovely... My hairdresser took out some of the remaining colour so that the new colour would be brighter. After shampoo, a good palm-full sized amount of product was used to coat the bottom half of my hair and was left after 15-ish minutes. That was to ensure all my hair was covered and could get the maximum amount of colour. Then the product was rinsed out and my hair styled. Here is the final look!
Image Credit
OMG! That orange-y hair!?!?! I love how the colour turned out in my hair. I knew it wasn't going to be as "in your face" as it could have been if my hair was bleached again. It is actually brighter in real life. Some tips my hairdresser told me afterwards were to use gloves when applying the conditioner and I'll use a smaller amount of product next time I freshen up the colour. I was so afraid of the colour washing out when I washed my hair that I left it for 6 days!! When I finally did wash my hair, I was surprised that a little colour came out in the shower and there was no colour on my towel (unlike my previous colours)! Almost a month gone, and the colour is mostly there and a little faded. I am very surprised on how it has lasted on my hair. I will need to freshen up the colour soon! Thanks to my hairdresser, Candace and the lovely ladies at Belinda's Hair Creations for my new do! Blurry pic anyone?

As I mentioned before, there 11 colours to choose from and they are $27.50 for 250ml. Stockists in Australia can be found here.

Have you tried bright colours in your hair?



Comments

  1. I've often wondered about products like this one! I'll keep it in mind for when I'm feeling adventurous next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some awesome colours to choose from!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts