FotD | The Race that Stops the Nation

I don't know much about horse racing but I do like an excuse to dress up! The Melbourne Cup was just completed and unfortunately, all my sweeps finished at the end of the pack haha! I did get one win though!

Makeup
Mecca Cosmetica Lit From Within Illuminating Primer | Napoleon Perdis Stroke of Genius (Look 2) | Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer | Maybelline Matte Maker powder 
Chi Chi Brow Pomade (medium brown) | Milani Eyeshadow Primer | Australis Metallix Eyeshadow (Guns and Rose Petals) | Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (Semi-Sweet & Hazelnut) | Napoleon Perdis China Doll Eyeliner (Yin) | Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
Shanghai Suzy lipstick (Foxy Hibiscus)

Fascinator | Forever New

Dress | Pink Ruby Leopard Lotus Peplum Dress (from The Iconic)

Hair | Side braid wrapped around a low side bun
Source
So last year, I had a special mention in the best dressed awards at work. I really wanted to get the prize this year so I began looking for dresses a couple months ago. I was inspired by Sarah's post on her Spring Racing Dress picks. There was one I really liked but was sold out when I got to the website so I went looking for another on The Iconic (where I bought last year's dress too). I found this cute white and lime green blocky-geo dress by Pink Ruby. I love it! I paired it with a bright pink feather flower fascinator from Forever New.

This ensemble won me the Most Elaborate award and a bottle of champagne! Woo! Very happy indeed!

Did you dress up for the Melbourne Cup?


Thought: Hopefully Red Cadeaux will come good after a suspected leg injury. 

Also, thank you to everyone for their kind words in my previous post. It was very touching.

Comments

Popular Posts