15 Loved Products in 2015
So a giant cockroach just casually walked into my field of vision! Moose was ready to attack! I jumped and squealed! Went to find the bug spray and I sprayed everywhere not knowing where the creature was hiding! It think it's dead now... anyway...
I gathered a bunch of products I quite enjoyed last year and I wanted to shared them with you in this post. Let me know what products you loved in 2015 in the comments!
As I'm writing this, I realised I forgot to photograph two hair products! I blame the cockroach distraction!! I want to give an honourable mention to a product that has kept my hair as healthy and smooth as it can be after some pretty intense bleaching and colouring sessions. I have been using the NIOPHLEX MAINTAINER No. 3 by ID hair since getting my hair dyed blue/purple last June. My hair does not feel like straw and the split ends are minimal. I get compliments on the condition of my hair all the time! The other product that helped nourish my hair is the Dove PURE CARE DRY OIL For Hair (pictured in title photo) which I won from a Christmas giveaway from More Than Adored a couple of years back. This macadamia hair oil is non-greasy and very nourishing. I use a liberal amount of this (4 pumps?) on the ends of my hair after I wash it and I don't need to reapply until my next wash.
I cannot get enough of Australis METALLIX CREAM EYESHADOW in Guns and Rose Petals on my eyelids. It is a neutral and very shimmery shade and I love combining it with brown and purple eyeshadows. Move out of the way Naked Palettes, Too Faced CHOCOLATE BAR PALETTE has been my most used eyeshadow palette. I love most of the shades - the matte browns are a staple, the satin browns are great for everyday, Marzipan is my favourite, and the purples are awesome to pair with the Metallix eyeshadow mentioned previously. (I cannot decide if I want to get the Semi-Sweet palette too!). I didn't know anything would takeover Maybelline's Master Liner but then came Maybelline HYPER SHARP LINER and I loved it even more!! The product came out smoothly through the brush end and the tip was so fine that it made creating a sharp wing much easier (even though I still suck at it!)
For lips, I love this particular shade of Too Faced MELTED LIQUID LIPSTICK in Melted Fig. The shade suits my skin tone, the formula is super comfortable and has good lasting power. Essie GOOD TO GO Top Coat is my only finishing polish I use after every manicure. I love how quick it dries and it gives the nails a shiny look. I think this is my third bottle!
I skipped skincare as I just use anything and usually change it up once a product is finished. My makeup application is achieved through some awesome brushes. The Models Prefer DUAL PURPOSE HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR BRUSH is perfect for precision contouring of the cheekbones due to it's tapered shape and doesn't apply too much product. I actually highly rate many MP brushes so check them out! I cannot fault the Real Techniques EXPERT FACE BRUSH for apply foundations (most of them). The brush buffs product in the skin well, the shape makes going around the nose and under the eyes easy and I can even use pressing motion with it too. Another love from RT is their BLUSH BRUSH which I mostly use for blush and sometimes for bronzing. The brush is large, fluffy and soft. And blending eyeshadows is a breeze with Sigma E25 BLENDING BRUSH (mini) and I always use this in my eyeshadow application. To spot clean my dirty brushes, I use Napoleon Perdis BRUSH CLEANER. It comes in a 400ml spray bottle and it does a great job cleaning my brushes in between washes. I find it even gets rid of the final traces of product after a deep clean as well. This is probably my third or fourth bottle!
Finally, I will end with some sweet scents. I was a fan of The Block (reality TV show) last year and when they released a candle product made by one of the contestants, I had to snap it up! The scent of Glasshouse INJI MIST is more on the masculine side I believe but it's a refreshing comparison to all of my sweet floral candles! It lives happily in the living room. Marc Jacobs DIASY DREAM was a Valentine's gift from the hubby and I used it quite a lot during the year. It blends many of my favourite scents - sweet, floral and a little fresh. And the bottle is just too cute!








Comments
Post a Comment