NotD | Regal Mani
I sooooo didn't want to take off my NYE glitter mani, mainly it was the thought of glitter being a pain to remove but it didn't take as long as I thought. I want to buy/try those removers in the bottle with the sponge inside. My current nail look has taken a Christmas theme by accident but I wanted to show off this new glitter polish I've been loving all last month!
In one of my Christmas orders with Mecca Cosmetica, I added a CIATE PAINT POT TO GO set to my cart. This set contained two mini polishes, Members Only (sheer nude pink) and Tinsel Town (glitter and flecks). The sheer pink shade is nothing too special. Three coats give a very muted yet girly look to the nails. I've been absolutely loving the glitter shade. There's a different shaped flecks and glitter colours that reflects the light so nicely. I also like how it applies - it doesn't go all clumpy when I try to layer the glitters and provides an opaque coverage with two thin coats.
Another polish range I really enjoy and wish there were more shades available is the COVERGIRL XL Nail Gel. The formula is amazing, it is smooth and has the right consistency that after two coats, it gives an 'almost' gel like feel to the nails. I love the bright colours in the range but I do think they can benefit with the addition of some nude shades. Staying power is enhanced with a good top coat. I painted one coat on my nails and didn't do a second coat until later the next day and there were some slight chipping on the tips. After the second coat and a top coat, the polish still looks fresh and shiny.
Now, on to the mani! I used two coats of Covegirl XL Nail Gel polish in Rotund Raspberry. It's a beautiful medium red-purple shade and it contrasts well against the glitter. After letting it fully dry, I used pieces of sticky tape to create a triangle template on three nails and filled the gaps in with Tinsel Town. I found my left hand hand crisper lines when I peeled off the tape compared to my right hand where I didn't close the glitter polish bottle and it got a bit thicker after use. Otherwise, I'm very happy with how this turned out!








Comments
Post a Comment