Beauty Product Pick Ups

Has this ever happened to you? You get so excited to visit the city with a wishlist of products to test out and maybe splurge on and then you get instore and not get overly wow-ed by anything and leave? At least the bank account is happy =) I went to Sephora in Sydney yesterday, to try some Zoeva brushes, Becca products and that curl mascara by Sephora. They didn't have the mascara in stock, I loved Becca Opal but it's so expensive and the Zoeva brushes didn't excite me that much. I ended up buying a Zoeva eyeshadow palette which I cannot wait to try on the weekend! Since the wallet is quite slim after Christmas, I bought a few bits and bobs on sale here and there. Here's a little summer haul and some giveaway bonuses! Enjoy!


I was so excited about the 50% off cosmetics at Chemist Warehouse but I didn't get to a store until a couple of weeks ago. Of course, nearly everything I wanted was sold out! I picked up the RIMMEL Glam Eyes Liquid Liner there as I ran out of my favourite, Hyper Sharp (and they didn't have it in stock). I used it for a couple of days and missed the pen tip, so I bought the MAYBELLINE Hyper Sharp Liner when I went to Priceline.

During a sneaky Kmart visit for some snacks, I had a look at their ELF section for any new products. I picked up the Lip Exfoliator and the Small Stipple Brush. I haven't used the lip exfoliator yet - I need to remember to put it in my shower caddy. I've tried the brush with liquid highlighter and it gave a sheer coverage. I'm eager to try it with a cream blush but I'm pretty sure I don't have one?! I love NAPOLEON PERDIS Mattastic Lipsticks and I was so excited when he brought out another range last year. The Super Lips Lipstick comes in a gorgeous gold tube and I picked up the shade Destiny, which is a matte deepish maroon-berry and super pigmented. Once again, it wears so comfortably and is non-drying even though it is a matte lipstick. 
L-R: Rimmel Glam Eyes | Maybelline Hyper Sharp | Elf Lip Exfoliator | NP Destiny
I went to a Bed Bath N' Table store a few weeks ago in Menai and bought this adorable glass candle holder with copper lace around it by Morgan & Finch. It now houses my everyday makeup brushes. I must clean that powder brush! 
I was in the city after visit a cat cafe (review soon!) and had a look for a Mecca to get the Too Faced Glitter Glue. Unfortunately, it's being packaged and nowhere has any stock! I found the CIATE LONDON Big Beauty Bus on sale whilst I was there. I also added a small size SMASHBOX Camera Ready BB Cream to my basket. I've tried the BB cream a couple of times and I am quite impressed!! I'm yet to crack open the nail polishes though but I'm very eager to!
In my last post, I mentioned that I won Tine's Christmas giveaway and on top of the prizes I received, she also included some lovely beauty goodies. I was so excited to try the BENEFIT You Go Gals minis set, particularly the cult fave POREfessional. Can I say that it doesn't disappoint?!! In Sydney's 40 degree heat, my nose was looking mighty fine! I'm also excited to try both the hydrating face mask and the sheet mask - pampering weekend coming up? 
There were also some makeup products included in her package and these were all things I haven't tried before. Of course, super excited about the HOURGLASS Mini Opaque Rogue Liquid Lipstick in Icon! My second ever Hourglass product! 
Swatches L-R: L'Oreal Color Riche Matte in VIP | L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss in Scream and Shout | Klara Cosmetics Kiss Proof Lips in Flaming Red | Hourglass Opaque Rogue Liquid Lipstick in Icon | Face of Australia Kajal Eyeliner Stix in Horus
I tested out some of the products when I got them and you can see some of the lip swatches below. The FoA Kajal didn't last very long on my lids without something to set it with. I loved the Benefit minis. The L'Oreal Matte lipstick (pic below) is a nice pinky coral and so soft on the lips. I like wearing it sheered out. The Klara liquid lipstick (last photo) is a bright coral red and dries to a matte finish. It didn't last well during dinner though but it's such a nice shade! Thanks again Tine for this amazing prize! (Btw, I'm two days behind in my training due to crazy rains! Arg!)

Were you well behaved with your spending habits over the holiday break? Did you go on holidays?



Comments

Popular Posts