Starting My Day | Healthifying My Life



I tried so hard to post regularly but I started dance classes again on Monday and my body felt some major delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) the last couple of days. All I wanted to do when I got home from work was sleep and that's what I did. My body feels back to normal today so I'm quickly smashing out a post for you! Now that I'm back at work and waking up at 5 am means I don't have time to create a huge meal but the weekends are another story.


My work day breakfast is pretty boring. When I'm doing my makeup in the morning, I make myself some black tea with milk. I either go for Lipton Yellow Label for a quick one or T2 Good Morning Tea if I have a little more time. Because I wake up so early and start work at 8am, I find that if I eat before I leave, I am hungry by 9am. So I have a couple of crackers with my tea to get my digestion going and I eat when I get to school. 

My typical meal at school is quick and easy. I have 130g of baked beans (tomato flavour) heated up with a sheet of rice mountain bread and sometimes I'll add an egg of some form. I also have another cup of tea and I'll be good until morning tea. The meal comes in at under 300 calories.


On the weekend, I had some almond meal laying around (post macarons) and found a recipe to make almond pancakes. They were delicious and so filling! Four pancakes were a little ambitious, two did the trick!


And for morning tea, I have a small apple cut up with a couple of spoons of natural yoghurt and a splash of honey. Sometimes I have an orange as well but I'm usually rushed for time to cut it up. That will tie me over until lunchtime.


So I don't have variety in my morning eats but at least I know it'll keep me going until the next meal and I won't be tempted to snack on sweet treats. I've gotten a bit bored of my fruit smoothies at the moment but I'm sure they'll make a comeback. I can't wait to show you some of my lunch options!

This series includes -
Part 1: You Are What You Eat

What do you have for breakfast?


Comments

  1. You're so healthy! These meals look delicious, and gave me some ideas for preparing healthier breakfast choices. Thanks for sharing! For breakfast, I normally have a banana/strawberry smoothie, but I might switch it up now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I can't say I eat like this all day every day though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love my carbs... thanks for the tip! I will be in search for some different protein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beans too! Tea is just so soothing and relaxing haha. I'm almost a zombie in the mornings but I manage to pack my lunch most days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the end of last year, I had banana and strawberry smoothies every morning! And drink it on the way to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, these are some yummy looking breakfasts! Eating healthy in the morning can be a challenge, but with options as tasty as these, I can see it being quite easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jen! I need to get some more inspiration for some different options!

    ReplyDelete
  8. all looks like a yummy dish.
    And I do make pancake for my weekend breakfast too :).

    http://kireinoclouds2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts