Blended Beauty
When I saw the Beauty Blender pop up in many of my Youtube subscriptions many years ago, I was very skeptical on the true effectiveness of this little pink, very expensive sponge. Still, I was very curious and it disappear. Fast forward to Boxing Day of last year, I ordered my first Beauty Blender from Lipstick Republic. Is the pink sponge worth the price?
The Beauty Blender is a makeup sponge that is shaped like a tear drop-egg hybrid. It is designed to have a slightly pointed end and a larger rounded end. The material is bouncy, soft and uniform creating an 'open cell structure' for holding small amounts of water when wet.
| Left: dry | Right: wet |
To use the Beauty Blender, it must be wet with water so it fills up and then squeezed so most of the water is removed and the sponge is damp. The sponge will double in size and is ready to use. I like to place the base on sections on my face first and then use the round end of the sponge to 'bounce' and blend the base into the skin. The pointy end can be used on smaller areas such as the under eye area and around the nose.
My thoughts on the Beauty Blender
- Blends out foundations to a finish that is almost undetectable on the skin (some of my foundations only worked with the Beauty Blender) - no streaks!
- Takes a little more time to use compared to using fingers or kabuki brush
- Extra time needed to wet the sponge and then to clean it after. I felt like I had to wash it after each use but I forgot a couple of times
- Material is easily stained if foundations are left on it for too long but doesn't affect further applications
- Pink colour did run during the first few washes
- Sponge lasted well over time with use almost everyday in a month
- I had to be careful when squeezing the sponge as my nails can nick into the material and cut it
![]() |
| Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation | Bare face | Foundation only |
![]() |
| Double Wear foundation without powder and finished makeup |
Overall, I do think the Beauty Blender is worth the price. With good care of the sponge, you can get your money's worth. I don't use the Beauty Blender exclusively though as I like to change up my application method however, if I want a flawless finish, then it would be my go to method.
The Beauty Blender comes in pink and white (some purple and red) as well as Pro and Mini sizes.
You can purchase the Beauty Blender at Lipstick Republic ($27), Luxola ($28.74) and Crush Cosmetics ($27).





Comments
Post a Comment