NotD | Blue as the Water

I tried another water marble look a few weeks back to see if I could improve my technique. I have a few more photos of how I painted my nails. Hope you like them!

After prepping my nails, I used two coats of Butter London in Giddy Kipper. It's such a pretty blue and the formula is easy to work with. In a plastic cup filled with water, I dropped alternate dots of white and clear polish on the surface. I had to play with different brands and some worked better than others. I went with previously used Porcelain Party by Maybelline and Matte Top Coat by Revlon as they worked the best. Then I drew a pattern through the polish with a toothpick, making sure I didn't drag too fast otherwise the polish will stick to the toothpick. I lined up my nails with areas of the marble that looked nice and slowly dipped them into the water. While the nails are submerged, I used a cotton tip to remove excess polish from the surface of the water before taking the nails out slowly. I used a cotton tip dipped in nail polish remover to clean up the skin around the nails. I added some glitter polish and finished with a top coat.

The more I practise this technique, the easier it is to do. I haven't tried other colour combinations yet but it'll be on my to-do list.





Comments

Popular Posts