2014 Oh! What A Year!
Happy New Year my amazing readers! I hope you are having or had a fun time with celebrations. I would like to thank everyone who read my posts and to those that commented. Thank you to all the blogs I read and comment, you inspire and teach me about many things and I wish you all the best for this year. I tried to summarise some of the important events that happened in my life in 2014 but it still ended up being a little lengthy. Some parts are good and others are sad. I have no idea how I lived through it all! I hope you enjoy reading it!
January was no time for relaxing. The fiancé and I packed up
our place, along with our furbabies, and moved into his parent’s garage. We put
our flat up for rent. I continued working at two pharmacies. I went out with
Miss L on my first wedding dress hunt and I was successful during my first
appointment! I didn’t want the end of January to come but of course it did. I
said farewell to Daniel who would be head to England for a 6 month stint as a
working student. Then it was just me and my cats... living in the garage of my
future in-laws.
February, I spent my first Valentine’s Day solo in eight years but
after work I came home to a beautiful message from Daniel letting me know that
he was thinking of me. I did a lot of wedding planning this month. I don’t know how many castles I looked at
online but we eventually booked our venue and the date! I met one of my cousins
who flew down from China to study here in Sydney.
By March, I’m quite settled in my new environment and the
cats love it too. I think it’s the stairs. I decided to be a part of my dance
studio’s open age competition team. I’m getting older so why not take the
opportunity? Organised and worked at my
school’s Open Day which went very well. Swapped my little red glasses for
bigger black frames. Found a photographer. Ordered our nerdy science themed
wedding bands. I also got another job working at my third pharmacy to help pay
for the wedding! This one had Napoleon Perdis makeup. Score!
Not much happened in April as I can recall. I spent a lot on
stuff but finally got to experience high end makeup and skincare. I bought my
blue wedding shoes. My days and nights were almost always filled with some kind
of work or dance. I was surprised I didn't burn out. My parents went to China to visit family. Even though I don’t
live with them anymore, I still worried about them when they go away.
May was an exciting time as I got to take my wedding dress
home! I attended my first ever Napoleon Perdis VIP event night and was a model
for one of the looks. I also signed up to be a supervisor for early morning
dance rehearsals at school so some days I had very early mornings at school and
then late nights from the chemist. I think it was also later in the month that
I also asked to choreograph for the school’s broadway spectacular night which I
had only 3 weeks to do so!
I competed in my first ever dance competition in June. Two
competitions on the same day actually. And somehow came away with a 2nd
place at the second event! Whooo! I worked at the first ever Napoleon Perdis
Mega Event night. Loved the experience. Wedding organising got really tight as
there wasn’t a lot of time left. Everyone loved the broadway show. I turned 25. A bridal high tea was organised for me by some lovely ladies from work. I came home after working at the chemist one night to find Zeus in my bed and
he wet the bed all around himself and could not move. I was so scared. I took him to
the vet the next morning which he had to stay and then I went to another dance
competition. Needless to say, I wasn’t in a good head space. Some of the ladies
at school threw me a wedding high tea and it was amazing. Zeus went back to the
vet and came home again. He wasn’t himself anymore. I don’t know what was
wrong. Daniel’s mum got a new puppy. She is so cute! I ended up applying for an
overseas visa late and was panicking as I didn’t know if it would arrive in
time.
July came and I was preparing for my big adventure. I dyed
my hair red. I changed my flight to a later date in case my visa didn’t come.
Of course it came on time and I flew out on the later date. I took my first
solo plane trip to the other side of the world. I was so scared. My first time
in Dubai, and London. Don’t ever let me book flights again as I had to longest
stopover ever! Enjoyed exploring parts of London by myself and also with a
fellow Aussie friend. I finally get to see Daniel! I married him! Surrounded by
some of great friends. Drove through the UK and boarded a Topdeck tour through
some of Europe. I got really sick. Made some awesome friends. Explored many
placed very quickly. Paris. Engelberg.
Florence. Rome. Venice. Somewhere in Austria.
Prague. We came home at the start of August. I was still
terribly sick from my travels and had to wait for another long stopover. Arg! It
was good to come home with Daniel and to see my cats and family. We packed and
moved back into our flat. Got no electricity though. Still too sick to compete
in dancing. I went to school as Alice.
The school’s dance competition team competed in September.
All those early mornings paid off and we cam home with a win in tap. I also did
many of the girl’s eye makeup. Daniel and I got our body compositions measured
in North Sydney. I don’t have a lot of muscle. I received my first ever gift
from students and I wasn’t even a teacher! Gotta love Chemistry kids! Had a
trial appointment for my hair for the reception. Started MyFitnessPal to watch
what I was eating. Daniel’s mum gave us a ‘Magic Bullet’, a mini drink blitzer.
Hello smoothies. DIY’d our wedding reception invitations.
October was a mix of emotions. My hair went from red to purple.
My left knee started to play up. This affected my dancing. Worked at another
Napoleon Perdis event Night. Such a fun
time. Celebrated our marriage with friends and family. Bought my first beauty
box. Flew Melbourne solo but stayed with Daniel there. Ate at Brunettis. Flew
back home solo. Zeus started limping so we took him to our local vet. Found
other things that were of concern and stayed some nights there. In the end, we
had to say goodbye to Zeus. I cried so much.
And finally, December. Organised and moved the contents of
the whole science building at school to a new building. Danced for the last
time at DWPAS. I am able to squat and deadlift more than my body weight. Celebrated
my 9 year anniversary with Daniel. Had a wonderful Christmas with Daniel's family.
If you made it here without skipping then well done to you!! Thank you so much again for all your support and following! Let's hope for an eventful 2015!
xxx Kat








Wow, what a hardcore year, so many ups and downs! I thought my year was nuts but yours is way crazier. Hope your 2015 is amazing :)
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like a wonderful and exciting year! Congrats on getting married and on the new kitten (even if sad circumstances prompted that). All the very best to you in 2015! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading! Hope your 2015 is great too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading all of that Jen! I'm loving Tesla (new kitten) more and more each day! Hope you have a great 2015 too!
ReplyDelete