Healthifying My Life | New Series

Source - Lorna Jane
Yeah, I totally made up that word! I tried to think of a title that hasn't been used so much before to describe a healthy change to lifestyle. I want to document my 'journey' to a healthier lifestyle in terms of diet and exercise. I want to keep it real. I know a lot of bloggers (and people in general, I'm sure) want to be healthier, eat better, move more etc. this year. I've read blogs and websites about 'eating clean' and doing all these exercises but sometimes it doesn't seem relatable and you might feel the same. So, here I'll share with you my journey, recipes, exercises and things that have worked for me to help me be more aware of how I'm taking care of my body. I hope you enjoy the future posts!

A bit about myself for a bit of background. I'm small and short. I like to eat a lot. My mum use to make me eat lots because I wasn't growing - haha sorry mum, I'm still small. Away from my parents' home, I love pasta and fast food. Not that I would eat it every day but I could. I have a faster than normal metabolism, probably because I'm still young so I didn't see myself putting on lots of weight. I'm pretty weak. I do a little bit of dancing as my form of exercise but overall, I don't like to exercise. I drink a lot of tea. I don't have children. I live with my husband and two cats. I work at a school so I'm currently on holidays. I think that's about it.

When I tell people I'm watching what I'm eating, they look at me and say "but there's nothing of you, why would need to worry about that?" True, I am quite small thanks to some good genes but it's not too early to start thinking about changing the way we eat because in the long run, it'll do us good. Keep in mind, I'm not a qualified health professional, dietician or doctor. Although I have worked in pharmacy for nine years so I have a small amount of health knowledge but definitely get professional advice for yourself.

Source - Lorna Jane
So how am I watching what I eat? 

I'm doing sort of a calorie controlled eating method. I don't want to use the word  'diet' as I think it has negative connotations. Basically, I set myself a calorie goal for each day and using an app, I write down everything I eat and it calculates how I'm going and stops me from over eating. I don't have that much weight to lose, so for me that's not the main goal but losing some fat would be good. Documenting everything you eat makes you accountable and hopefully, allows you to make better food choices. I did this for about 3 months at the end of last year but a couple of weeks before Christmas, I threw in the towel. On Christmas Day, I made the decision to get back on track in the new year and I said it in front of Daniel's family so that kind of helps me keep going.

Don't mind my driving arm tan -.-'

I will go into detail about each topic of my journey in future posts.

What are you interested to see me post about in this series?
Have you set any healthy goals for yourself this year?


Comments

Popular Posts