FotD | To Market, To Market

Forager's Market is held every Sunday at Bulli Showgrounds. If you're in the Sydney area, I would highly recommend you to check it out. It is mainly a foodie/farmers market but every second Sunday, there's an artisan flare to it and every fourth Sunday, there's a vintage twist. Since I went the other Sunday, I got to browse so many vintage stalls.
Source
I'm sure you're use to my usual makeup routine now, like brows, eyes, face, lips. I feel like I should be changing things up but I don't have too many new things haha. So I filled in my brows with the brow kit from Face of Australia. If you have any suggestions for new brow products, please let me know. For my eyes, I used the pink shade from The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes. It isn't that pigmented but it's super shimmery. Then I used the tiniest bit of the brow powder to define the outer corner and a little in the crease. I'm still practising this wind liner stuff, I used the China Doll gel liner in Forbidden City by Napoleon Perdis. My different eye shapes throw me off sometimes. Then Maybelline Big Eyes mascara on curled lashes.

Over Mecca Cosmetica Illuminating primer (which doesn't hep with oil control and sometimes movement of foundation) I used Stroke of Genius foundation and the Pro Concealer Palette by Napoleon Perdis. Then I used Maybelline Matte Maker powder to set the base. I don't mind this powder. I went with one of favourite blushes and it is Nyx in Angel. So pretty! Lastly, I stained my lips with this lovely red by Revlon Moisture Stain in New York Scene. I like the stained look this colour gives but I reapplied the product for this photo.
Here are some photos from the markets and some of the things I took home. There was a kids farm there. OMG I love farm animals especially if they are tiny!! These chickens could fit in my two hands and loved being patted. I can never the markets without a serving (or two) of cupcakes from the lovely Rachel at Blue Birds Sweets. Her home business is just in the next suburb from me. She made retro flavoured cupcakes to suit the occasion - lemon meringue, iced volvo and rocky road! I also bought a small bunch of flowers from a stall called Quirky Flowers. They wrap their flowers in brown paper and tie them with twine and a sprig of rosemary! I also bought a loaf of the most amazing tasting banana bread from a stall called Fleur De Lys Patisserie for hubby. A rare thing for me is buying clothing from markets but I couldn't walk past Blucy, a stall with children and women's clothing and handmade pieces. I came home with a black back-laced blouse and a cream and navy cardigan which is super warm.


Do you like going to the markets?

Comments

Popular Posts