Mermaid Hair & Niophlex Care

You may have noticed that I changed my hair colour a couple of week's ago. Maybe not? I'm so excited that I was able to get blue hair. The process was quite a long one so keep on reading for my new hair colour journey.


I've been wanting blue hair for about a year and only now, my hairdresser got new products that could get me what I wanted. First, my red ends had to have the colour removed and bleached but decided on a second round of treatment as the ends retained some pink colour still and the rest was really yellow. It couldn't be completely removed though. Then I got some random foils of purple bleach and the rest of the hair was covered in a blue colour. We were concerned that it could turn green due to the yellow tones after bleaching. My hair was washed and treated after the colour development and then followed by a cut and style. Six hours later... from this...
 To this...

I looooooove it!!!!!!!!!! The reason why I put my hair through such an intense and damaging process is because there is a new product on the market that claims to reduce hair breakage. I wanted to give it a try as my hair suffered a lot last year when I bleached the ends to purple/red. The new treatment is by Id Hair (same makers as Color bomb) called Niophlex.

Niophlex contains ingredients that
  • adds nourishment to improve the condition of the hair
  • protects hair by creating a shield around the hair strain
  • adds moisture and strengthening properties that preserve the moisture of the hair
Niophlex is a three step program where the first and second steps are used during the colour process at the salon and the last step is treatment used at home to maintain the health of the hair. I use it combined with a leave in hair mask as I have lots of hair. I definitely have noticed a difference in my hair. It does not feel like straw (but not super soft either) and there's only some breakage. Last year, my hair was horrible. So dry and so many split ends and split mid-lengths and breakages everywhere! Niophlex is really good stuff!

It is this bright in real life! Every time I wash my hair, a little of the blue colour gets washed out so my mid-lengths are slowly going teal. So I will need to get the blue colour refreshed in a few week's time!






Comments

Popular Posts