The Lipstick Tag


The lovely Amanda from Thai Tales tagged me to do The Lipstick tag. I love reading these posts as I am a n00b at lip products and I can earn so much about what everyone else enjoys. So mine won't be very informational or that exciting but hopefully you'll like it!

1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I'm not a big 'collector' or fan of lipsticks. Most of the time I buy a colour that I like and use it for a couple of days and then forget about it and just stick to lip balms. Anyway, I just pulled out my drawer of lip products and counted 36-ish lipsticks, 5 lipliners (I think one still has the seal on it), 19 lipglosses (I know there's a couple of Apocalips floating around somewhere), 3 jumbo lip pencils and 1 lip stain. So how's that on the blogger lipstick scale? Hopefully it's on the lower end =)





2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
I don't quite remember. It was such a long time ago but it could be a lipstick that was a gift included with a magazine, perhaps it was the Sabrina the Teenage Witch collectable magazine as I remember also getting a gold jumbo pencil liner. But I probably bought a lipstick when I started working at the chemist back in 2005 which could have been from Revlon or Maybelline.

Does anyone remember this? Source

3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
Judging by my photo, I would say Rimmel as an overall favourite brand. The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters follow so closely behind!

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
I had to go through all my current lipsticks to see how much I used from each of them! Since I'm not an avid user of lipsticks, most of them don't look that used. Out of all of them, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait is my most worn lippie. It is such a friendly, wearable colour and also gives the lips some sparkle, shine and moisture.


5. What is your favourite finish?
This is the part where I had to do some research into what kind of finishes exists with lipsticks. As long as it's comfortable to wear and doesn't leave my lips all chapped and flakey is a win for me. From my super quick research, it looks like I would opt for a cream or satin finish but I really don't know. But I do love the finish of the nourish formula from the Shanghai Suzy lipsticks.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
I actually bought a lipbalm the other day at work (chemist) BUT before that I saw that lovely colour in Target by L'Oreal Color Riche in Velvet Rose and then bought it in Priceline the next day =)



7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
Currently, I have 4 products in my bag (well 2 since I had to take the lipsticks out for this post). They are Shanghai Suzy in Miss Brooklyn Rose and MaxFactor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick in Designer Blossom. As always I have the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Velvet and the new addition is Nivea Repair & Protection lip balm for the non-colour days.

8. What is you favourite red lip colour?
I rarely sport a red lip (even less due to my lack of lipstick use) but when I do and it's usually for dancing I like to use Rimmel Colour Show Off in Red Fever or Maybelline Moisture Extreme in Royal Red


9. How do you store your lipsticks?
All my lip products except for the three Shanghai Suzy ones are kept in one of the drawers and in two plastic containers. I try to stand the lipsticks up in the tray but when a couple are out then they all fall over.



10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
I don't have a particular one although I really want the PERFECT colour to use on my wedding day.

Isn't she just gorgeous?! Source
L-R: Revlon Peach Parfait | Shanghai Suzy in Miss Brooklyn Rose | L'Oreal Velvet Rose | Rimmel Red Fever | Maybelline Royal Red


I tag whoever loves or has a lot of lip products (I don't think I fit in any of these).

xxx Kat

Daily Katness

  • My tailbone still gets hurt when I bend and lift things. Need to get better!
  • Got some new glasses and I can't see the ground properly with them on. The ground looks like it's curved so I can't walk properly haha
  • Had a lovely lunch at Samara's restaurant in Wollongong yesterday catching up with some uni mates
  • Had the last day of Dance Blitz eisteddfod yesterday too. Those dancers were amazing!!!!
  • Visited my parents after all that and left with containers of food - WIN!

Comments

  1. I seriously love this tag, but I'm too scared to count all mine haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! I would love to see your collection!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts