Max Factor Lip + Eye Sticks


Hi everyone!! I was in Priceline (when am I not there?) after work one day and came across some nice buys from Max Factor. They are currently on sale saving $7 on almost all their products. I rarely look at their stand, mainly due to the price but luckily their sale caught my eye!


Let's start with the lip products. Jumbo lip crayons and pencils have been the hype for quite a while now and Maxfactor released their own version called Colour Elixir Giant Pen Sticks. I picked up two (Couture Blush and Designer Blossom) previously when they were buy one get one free. Then I picked up another one during this sale for $2.95! I really wanted the fushia shade (Vibrant Pink) but it was sold out so I got another red shade (Passionate Red) instead.

Couture Blossom

Passionate Red

 Designer Blossom

These giant pen sticks apply smoothly with a good balance of slick and tack (does that make sense?) . They also have a nice colour payoff (although not completely opaque) with a couple of swipes and they sit comfortably on the lips with a slight gloss finish. The staying power of these are not so flash. I find the colour is easily removed from the inner parts of my lips when I eat and if I'm not careful, it can also transfer onto my chin (messy eater huh??). 

I love how Blogger makes my skin all gross looking....

What I don't like about these pen sticks is that you can't twist them up to get more product. Sometimes I feel that when you sharpen pencils, you lose some product on the blade and the tip can get uneven. I haven't sharpened these yet, hopefully they'll fair alright. I do enjoy using these not-so-giant lip pen sticks and I actually carry them in my handbag mini-bag all the time.

There's 6 shades available and on sale at Priceline (here) for $2.95, normally $9.95 (still a good price). Check them out!

Ferocious White

Untamed Pink

Not that I really need eyeshadow sticks, I picked up a couple of Max Factor's Wild Shadow Pencils. They are advertised as a 2-in-1 gel shadow and eyeliner combination which I thought was pretty cool. The first one I bought was Ferocious White which I would use as a white base to brighten up powder eyeshadows. I would like to compare it to my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese which is a sparkly white shade. The second shade I got was Untamed Pink which is a shimmery cool pink. I haven't used these on my lids yet so I can't comment on it's longevity. Swatching the pencils, I find they were creamy and nicely pigmented.


There's 8 shades in this range and they are on sale for $5.95 from Priceline (here), normally they cost $12.95. There's some fun colours available such as bright green, blue, and gold so check these out!

Have you tried any of these?? The sale ends tomorrow so be quick!!

xxx Kat

Comments

  1. I didn't know Maxfactor did shadows sticks! Those shades are stunning too. I don't need anymore shadow sticks though haha. Great bargains though ;)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I! Heehee, I couldn't pass on a good sale! =)

      Delete
  2. Wow you got such a good deal with these, i really like Passionate Red x

    yetanothermakeupblog.blogspot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went in with no intention of getting anything too! I haven't used that shade yet, nice for the holiday season I think!

      xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts