Shanghai Suzy Lipsticks Matte Edition
Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying your day! Here is a follow-up of the other two lipsticks I purchased from the Australian company, Shanghai Suzy. I was really happy with the response I got from the previous post (here) I did. I think I got couple of readers to buy some themselves! I hope they are happy with the products as much as I am.
I bought two matte shades from their range, Miss Sanja FUSHIA and Miss Sally WATERMELON. I actually didn't check what finish they were until I opened them up and swatched them. Silly me. I'm not much of matte girl for the lips but ever since using some of the Rimmel Matte Finish lipsticks, they're slowly winning me over. The following photos contains the three lipsticks I bought, as I took them as soon as I received them.
They all come in the black semi-matteish rectangular prism case with the colour on the lid matching the lipstick shade. The lipsticks swatched beautifully on my arm. I think I used one or two swipes and you can see how vibrant and opaque the colours are. I was really excited to try them on my lips.
Miss Sanja FUSHIA is a bright blue-based pink. It a slightly thicker, less-creamier consistency than the nourishing formula which is expected of a matte style. The lipstick applies smoothly and doesn't drag across the lips. The portrait photo of myself makes the shade look more of a baby pink but close up you can see the cool undertones.
The other matte shade I got was Miss Sally WATERMELON. This is a coral shade leaning more on the reddy-orange side. The consistency is the same as FUSHIA and applies nicely. Going over the lips twice gives good coverage. In the collage above, the main picture shows the lipstick freshly applied in the morning and the lower right picture is what my lips looked like when I got home.
I find that the product held up ok during eating wearing away from the middle portion of my mouth. I reapplied a couple of times during the day (after eating) with no drying. However, after about 7 hours the product would settle into the cracks on the lips and my lips looked uneven. So instead of applying again, I put on some Nivea lip balm on top of what was left on my lips. When I got home, I could see that brightness had gone but left my lips a little stained with some flecks of remaining lipstick. If I hadn't put balm on, I'm pretty sure my lips would look dry and flaky (I always need to apply lip balm during the day anyway).
Overall, these lipsticks are very nice to have in my collection. Being matte, I thought they would be very dry (and drying) and make my lips unbearable to move (from past experiences). I am pleasantly surprised on how smoothly they applied with rich colour giving my lips a matte but not flat look. I would definitely suggest exfoliating and balming your lips prior to matte lipstick application (as always) so the products don't catch on the dry bits. They smell wonderfully like grape hubba bubba so it's a pleasure to use. I would love to get more shades in both the nourish and matte formulas!
Shanghai Suzy are still having their 3 for $20 deal on their website with free delivery. So check them out if you're interested in getting some nice, bright lipsticks!
Are you thinking of buying any?
xxx Kat
Daily Katness
- My neck hurts! I think I moved it too ferociously in dance last night.
- I need to go the grocery shopping now or we won't be eating tonight... I'll wait for Daniel to get home
- Getting back into pilates on Thursday! Daniel's doing it with me. Oh that'll be a funny sight!
- Hmmmm what to have for dinner?
- I went to Priceline again today.... I need to stop buying things!!







Oh my gosh I love the Miss Sally Watermelon one! xx
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute colour!
DeleteI've never heard of this brand before but all three shades really compliment and look great on you! I usually steer clear of purple toned lip products because Im afraid itd look weird on me but I'm beginning to want to try one!
ReplyDeleteIt was just released in August this year in Aus, so still new! It's difficult to judge colours online but I wanted to get colours I didn't already have. I'm glad it worked out. Thank you!!
DeleteWow, both amazing colours! Both look so pretty on you :)
ReplyDelete-Jen
www.vibrantbeautyblog.com
Miss sally watermelon looks amazing!
ReplyDelete