Ninja Kat is up in the Air! | Tree Top Adventures

Source

I just got home from a quick run and also busy day of activities with the boys! This adventure was planned in a spur of the moment after dinner last night. The boys, Tony, Terry, Blake and Lachlan and myself, spent the day at Tree Top Safari and Adventure Park located in Abbotsbury, south west of Sydney. A beautiful and sunny day well spent!

Due to safety requirements, we couldn't take cameras or phones so our adventures didn't get documented. I've added some photos from their website though. It cost $45 for adults to enter the facility. We were given our harnesses and a helmet and the instructor gave us the pep talk on how to use the course safely. This is my second go on one of these, the first one was at the Central Coast in NSW. This website shows what it's really like.

Basically, you get harnessed in with two clips and a pulley where you are able to traverse between trees on 'challenges' or obstacles metres in the air! It is your responsibility to ensure you stayed locked onto the wires. The challenges included crawling through a barrel, walking the tightrope, stepping on suspended logs and ropes and of course, the flying foxes! There's also courses for the little kids too who I think, are fearless!

Source
It's a great place to try and curb your fear of heights and strengthen your muscles! Luckily for me, I wasn't too scared of the heights this time. Maybe I was embracing my nimble cat-like abilities but I was able to complete the challenges that didn't require much upper body strength. If you have seen what I look like, I am very small and kind of weak haha. My biggest challenges were all the flying foxes. They just get to me and I need someone to push me off! On the last flying fox (spanning about 250m long!), I wasn't able to reach the end platform and had to pull myself along the rope for a few metres to get there. Oh my arms!!! Even Terry, who has biceps the size of rock melons(!), had some hiccups on the last challenges.

Source
Source: The BLACK course the hardest level. It's very high and very challenging!
We completed all four courses (easy to hard) in about 4 hours. I would advise to bring a bottle of water with you. None of us silly billies did that and by the last and hardest course, we were all sooooo thirsty. It felt really good to complete all the challenges, some more slowly than others. I will be very sore tomorrow! I also have some bruises, red marks and raw hands. But it was all worth it!

Tony, Terry and myself then went to Canley Heights and got some nutrition and a much needed beverage at a Vietnamese restaurant. We were still a bit greedy afterwards and headed for some frozen yoghurt to calm our sweet tooth(s). 

Thanks for a great time boys!

Have you been to any activity or adventure places? Anyone been to the new Wet n' Wild here in Sydney? Tony has been at least 5 times already!

xxx Kat

**All images are credited to Tree Top Adventure Park and were uploaded from their website.

Comments

Popular Posts